Dr. K and I met when I was sixteen-years-old. He earned money during the summer running a jack hammer on highway construction. He was built. He was tan. And he was very fine. Romance blossomed. That was several decades ago. In the intervening years we’ve raised a family, come close to splitting up, and suffered through long military deployments.
We’re stronger than ever because we hold nothing back. He knows my darkest secrets. I know his. He covers my weaknesses, and I cover his. My life, my world, almost my entire history is tightly bound to him. It’s a bondage I hope never to be free of.
That’s the kind of bond I envision for each of my characters. A happily ever after is essential to my romance novels. I have my own happily ever after, a marriage to my best friend for 37 years. I want that for everyone, but I can make it happen only with my characters.
- Shane & Adrianna – Shane: Marshal of Tallav
- Maon & Selina – Maon: Marshal of Tallav
- Rand & ??? – Rand: Son of Tallav is a work in progress.
- Tyen & Kolya – “The Key” – free when you sign up for my newsletter
- Matou & Maurelle – Matou & Me – a novella planned to release in late Spring
- Derek, Siever, & Jane – “Merry Christmas, Santa” – short story
Image courtesy of imagerymajestic at FreeDigitalPhotos.net